About this collection
The Council of Churches of Christ of Greater Cleveland is an interdenominational organization founded in 1911 as the Federated Churches of Cleveland to coordinate the community welfare and education activities of 67 Cleveland, Ohio, churches. In 1934, a new constitution was adopted, which officially changed the name of the organization to the Cleveland Church Federation. A new constitution in 1958 changed the Federation's name to the Cleveland Area Church Federation. In 1965 the Cleveland Area Church Federation adopted another new constitution and new name, Council of Churches of Christ of Greater Cleveland, and in 1985, the Council adopted its present name, Interchurch Council of Greater Cleveland. The collection consists of constitutions, amendments, histories, reports, minutes, correspondence, newsletters, bulletins, pamphlets, other publications, newspaper clippings, surveys, scrapbooks, and membership, personnel, and administrative records.