Jump to navigation
Edgewater Park bath house and breakwaters
The Edgewater Park bath house, sometime during the 1920s, looking north into Lake Erie. The bath house was constructed in the early 1900s. Edgewater Park, located along Lake Erie at E. 156th Street, just west of the Division Avenue Treatment Plant (now known as the Garrett Morgan facility). The park was purchased in 1894 by the city's Second Park Board from Jacob B. Perkins, Cleveland industrialist. The land, consisting of 2 parcels, became Perkins Beach and Edgewater Park. Many recreational facilities were subsequently provided, including bath houses, a pavilion, baseball diamonds, and numerous picnic and playground areas.
7.25 x 9.25 in